About Vail Resort
Vail is all about being something to everyone, which is why it’s such a great ski destination for families. Every level of skiing, every lodging preference and every budget can find its own home on a Vail Colorado ski vacation. Skiers and snowboarders looking for incredible views will be thrilled with the scenic vistas of Vail’s Gore Range, and restaurant-goers can find everything from Iron Chef foodie-fare to down-to-earth pub food and New York City-quality pizza.
Ski Vail Colorado
As North America's fourth largest ski area (behind Whistler, Park City Mountain Resort and Big Sky Resort), Vail's terrain will please every level of skier or snowboarder. The resort's vast 5,289 acres offers wide-open, pristine bowl skiing, a plethora of meandering intermediate trails, multiple beginner areas and plenty of steep and deep terrain in the Back Bowls and Blue Sky Basin to keep expert skiers satisfied.
The beginner skiing at Vail is found all over the mountain, providing novices and first-timers with breathtaking views they won’t soon forget. Vail beginner skiing can be found from all three base villages: Golden Peak, Vail Village and Lionshead Village. Gentle traverse trails allow beginner skiers to explore nearly the whole entire front-side of the mountain. But, at its heart, Vail is an intermediate to advanced intermediate skier’s paradise from the famed Back Bowls wide-open, groomed runs to the many zippy runs off of the Mountaintop Express lift and long, sustained cruisers like Simba and Born Free. Blue Sky Basin is an expert skier’s playground, with cornice drops, leg-burning mogul runs, trees and open powder fields.
Click to view Vail Trail Map
Vail Ski Packages
If you can just imagine the feeling of gliding through knee-deep snow in the Back Bowls or cruising up sun-drenched, wide-open trails that Vail is famous for, make it all come true this winter and start planning your Vail ski trip. We're here to help you make the process easy as possible. You can book your entire Vail ski packages, including:
- Lodging. Choose from 149 lodging options. Popular Searches: Discounted Lodging | Luxury | Ski In Ski Out | Pet-Friendly | Hot Tub
- Lift Tickets. Ski.com can save you up to 40% on window prices. Call for lift tickets!
- Flights.We work domestically and internationally with United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, American Airlines, Frontier Airlines, SWISS, Air France, Alitalia, LAN and more.
- Ground Transportation.Options include rental cars with top providers, like Budget, Hertz and Avis, private cars, private shuttles or shared shuttles.
- Snowsports School.We've got beginners to experts covered with award-winning snowsports schools at every destination we work with.
- Equipment Rentals.Pre-arrange your rentals or demos with us. Options include in-store pick-up or delivery service right to where you're staying.
- Activities.Dog sledding, snow tubing, ice skating, Nordic skiing, snowmobiling...the list goes on. We can make it all happen for you.